Step Three: Research Nonprofits
Research three to five local nonprofit organizations that serve the social cause that interests students. Learn the variety of ways that nonprofits lead social action in your community around that social cause. (*Note, to be eligible to receive funds through our program, the nonprofit must be registered 501(c)(3)
Ask Students to Consider:
- What are your students LOOKING for in a nonprofit?
- What is important to them when discovering a nonprofit?
- How do they wish to give their $1,000? Established organizations or “the Little Guy”
- Who will BEST utilize this gift?
- Do the students hope to help many with their gift or have one big impact?