Camp Give – FAQ
Where is Camp Give located?
- Camp Give will take place at Magnified Giving headquarters: 9940 Reading Road | Evendale, OH | 45241
What time of day does Camp Give begin and end?
- Camp begins at 9 AM and ends at 3:30 PM
- Extended camp care is available for an additional fee: $60.00/week for Morning Extended Care or Afternoon Extended Care. If you need to utilize both Morning and Afternoon Care, the fee for the week is $100. Fee is assessed per family per week
- Morning care begins at 8 AM; drop off prior to 8:45am will result in a fee.
- Afternoon care begins at 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM; pick up 4:00 PM or after will result in a fee.
- The Extended Care will be structed social play and will not consist of continued lessons.
- All campers must be picked up by 5:00 pm.
- Please contact Alison Kaufman, Director of Programs with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will lunch be provided?
- Each camper will be required to bring their own packed lunch. Snacks will be provided throughout the day. Please be sure to note any food allergy or restriction on your waiver so appropriate snacks are available.
- Please ensure your camper eats a well-balanced breakfast prior to arriving at Camp. We have a full scheduled planned each day and they need their energy.
What kind of activities will my child participate in?
- Activities vary by age group, but every camper will learn about philanthropy and service through hands on activities, crafts, games and learn about the missions of least three non-profit organizations through employees of the participating nonprofits.
- A portion of camp registration is granted by the campers to a non-profit each Friday. Your child will have the chance to reflect on what they learned throughout the week, discuss what they learned with their peers, and vote to determine which of the nonprofit organizations they learned about will receive a grant. The dollar amount donated to charity depends on the number of participants in that week of Camp Give. A letter stating your tax-deductible contribution will be provided on the last day of camp.
- All age groups will enjoy off-campus site visits in addition to being at Magnified Giving headquarters. Transportation will be provided by Camp Give through a bus service. For off-site travels, there will be a 5:1 camper to senior counselor ratio. We have chosen to work with safe and age appropriate nonprofits. Additional information will be provided in your Parent Packet.
How many campers are participating each week?
- Up to 15 campers will be participating in Camp Give each week.
Can I pay for Camp Give online?
- Yes, registration and payment can be completed online. If you prefer to mail in a check, that is also an option.
What should my child bring (or not bring) to camp?
- Your child should bring a lunch every day, wear comfortable and weather appropriate clothing, and we closed toed shoes.
- Please do not send electronics or other toys to Camp Give. If they are brought to camp they should be stowed away unless they are used during Afternoon Extended Care. Magnified Giving is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Can I send medication with my child?
- All medication will be registered through the online registration process and medication can be turned in at the beginning of each day.
Will my child be participating indoor or outdoor activities?
- The majority of Camp Give’s activities are inside, however, we do eat and play outside as well.
What is the role of a Junior Counselor?
- Junior Counselors are rising 9th and 10th graders and former Camp Give Campers or participated in the Magnified Giving student program. They will act as role models for the younger campers as well as develop specific leadership skills with daily breakout activities and guest speakers.
What are Senior Counselors?
- Senior Counselors are at least 18 years of age and alumni of the Magnified Giving programs.
Can I get all Camp Give information in one place?
- A Parent Packet will be sent to you by email one month before your child’s week of camp in order to ensure that you have all the information you need on hand (from pick up and drop off procedure to information about the nonprofits your child will be learning about, serving alongside, and meeting with).
- If you have additional or immediate questions please feel free to contact our Director of Programs, Alison Kaufman, at email@example.com or 513-733-9727.
- In addition, daily you will receive a parent letter at the end of camp highlighting the days activities and sharing the plans for the following day.
For additional questions please email Director of Programs Alison Kaufman at CampGive@magnifiedgiving.org.