A Message from generationOn
Dear Magnified Giving Teachers,
We at generationOn Schools applaud your method of teaching youth about philanthropy and preparing them to become wise philanthropists. We are pleased to support you and the greater Cincinnati area’s new generation of philanthropists with Learning to Give’s comprehensive service-learning and philanthropy education resources for the classroom.
Learning to Give, the curriculum division of generationOn, educates youth about the importance of philanthropy, the civil society sector, and civic engagement. We think you’ll appreciate our extended service-learning and philanthropy education resources available at www.generationOn.org and www.learningtogive.org including:
- Over 1,600 K-12 service-learning & philanthropy education lessons aligned to the U.S. Common Core Standards and the standards of all 50 states, Bermuda, Canada, Australia, India, and the United Kingdom, and the international Philanthropy Standards.
- Educational resources for teachers, parents, youth workers, and faith-based groups that promote responsible citizenship.
- A search engine to find resources based on keyword, grade level, subject area, and/or academic standard.
- Themed units that help teachers engage youth in service to meet learning objectives and address real-world issues. Includes Introduction to Philanthropy units at each grade level (K-12).
- Calendar-based Moments of Service that includes campaigns, projects, and lessons.
- A philanthropy framework that educates youth about the civil society sector and giving time, talent and treasure for the common good.
- Youth activities for small group instruction: Youth in Governance and Youth as Trustees
- Philanthropy Briefing Papers, abbreviated snapshots of significant concepts, people and organizations linked with philanthropy.
- A glossary of philanthropy-related terms and a searchable database of quotations related to giving.
Join generationOn at www.generationon.org to become part of our national youth service movement and to take full advantage of our free online education resources as well as professional development, targeted support, participation in our member community, and service-learning tracking. Feel free to contact us anytime with questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Betsy Flikkema & Davida Gatlin